- Diabetes and Major Emergencies: How to Prepare
Important items to keep on hand and in your emergency kit when you have diabetes can include the following: extra insulin and syringes or pens, contact numbers for family and close friends and a medical alert bracelet.
Source: Joslin Diabetes Center
- 7 Stroke Symptoms and Key Actions To Take
Like a heart attack, a stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA) is an emergency that requires immediate medical attention.
Source: Johns Hopkins
- In Women, Diabetes Plus Depression a Deadly Combo
Women suffering from both diabetes and depression have a greater risk of dying, especially from heart disease.
Source: Archives of General Psychiatry
- At Least Americans Aspire to be Healthy Eaters …
Do you think you’re a healthy eater? Odds are, the answer is yes. According to a new survey from Consumer Reports, nine out of 10 Americans give themselves credit for consuming a diet that’s at least “somewhat” healthy.
Source: Consumer Reports
- Mediterranean Diet Tied to Slower Mental Decline
People who eat and drink like the Greeks may think a little more clearly into old age.
Source: American Journal of Clinical Nutrition