According to the National Stroke Association, there are 6.8 million adult stroke survivors in the U.S.
Learn the warning signs of a stroke. Act FAST and CALL 9-1-1 or press the button on your One Call Alert IMMEDIATELY at any sign of a stroke. Use FAST to remember the warning signs.
Stroke symptoms include:
- SUDDEN numbness or weakness of face, arm or leg – especially on one side of the body.
- SUDDEN confusion, trouble speaking or understanding.
- SUDDEN trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
- SUDDEN trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination.
- SUDDEN severe headache with no known cause.
Call 9-1-1 or press the button on your One Call Alert immediately if you have any of these symptoms
Stroke is the fourth leading cause of death in America and the leading cause of adult disability.
Myths and Facts about strokes:
Myth: Stroke is unpreventable
Reality: Stroke is largely preventable
Myth: Stroke cannot be treated
Reality: Stroke requires emergency treatment
Myth: Stroke only strikes the elderly
Reality: Stroke can happen to anyone
Myth: Stroke happens to the heart
Reality: Stroke is a “Brain Attack”
Myth: Stroke recovery only happens for a few months following a stroke
Reality: Stroke recovery continues throughout life
For more information, visit the National Stroke Association website at www.stroke.org.