Check out our new Kids & Teens line of medical ID bracelets and necklaces!
Click here to start browsing: Kids and Teens Medical IDs
Why are medical IDs critical?
Perhaps your doctor, nurse or pharmacist advised you to obtain a medical ID for your child. Why is it important?
- In an emergency, when you might not be able to speak for your child, a kid’s medical ID bracelet or necklace can speak for them.
- Symptoms of common ailments can easily be misdiagnosed. Prompt diagnosis is critical to effective treatment. A brief description of vital medical facts engraved on your child’s medical ID ensures appropriate and timely medical care.
- According to a published study, half of all medical errors occur because of mistakes made upon admission or discharge from the hospital.Wearing a medical ID protects against potentially harmful medical errors.
- More than 95 percent of emergency responders look for a medical ID; more than 75 percent check for a medical ID immediately upon assessing the patient. If your child is wearing a medical ID, it won`t be missed.
- Medical IDs can eliminate trips to the hospital, reduce unnecessary hospital admissions and prevent minor emergencies from becoming major ones. Medical IDs save lives! One day, a medical ID may save your child.