Money, Stress and the Effects on Your Body
A recent Stress in America survey found that 76% of people are stressed by money with work falling close behind. This is a 5% increase from last year’s results.
Stress is not just irritating, but can also have severe effects on your health.
- Hair – excessive hair loss and some forms of baldness
- Muscles – aches and spasms
- Digestive Tract – aggravated diseases, such as gastritis, ulcers and an irritable colon
- Skin – eczema and psoriasis
- Brain – insomnia, headaches, personality changes, irritability, and depression
- Heart – cardiovascular disease and hypertension are strongly connected
- Lungs – adversely effects people with asthma conditions
There is no best method to relieve stress for everyone. The best thing to do is try a variety of methods until you find what works for you. Try these sites for several relaxation methods:
Help Guide- a non-profit organization dedicated to helping people make healthy choices
Mayo Clinic- a not-for-profit health clinic helping with the diagnosis and treatment of virtually every disease
Stress Relief Exercises – site with an assortment of relaxation methods to try
To find more of this study’s results check this USA Today article.