My Interactive Health Record
A medical ID enabled with MyIHR could significantly help emergency medical services provide you with the correct care for your conditions and ultimately save your life. Take charge of your personal health information today!
In the event of an accident, or debilitating medical episode, if you can't speak for yourself, your MyIHR enabled medical ID will. MyIHR allows you to create an Interactive Health Record that will provide emergency personnel with your Name, Address, Emergency Contacts, Health Insurance, Conditions, Medications, Allergies, and more. In order to provide you with the best possible care, your Interactive Health Record is available to Emergency Personnel 24 hours a day, 365 days a year via the website AND telephone.
Purchase a new MyIHR Compatible Medical ID or Accessory
Many of our most popular designs of bracelets and pendants are available as MyIHR compatible medical IDs. A MyIHR compatible ID is the perfect solution for anyone with changing medications, multiple chronic conditions or an extensive medical history. MyIHR gives you the peace of mind in knowing that you will get the right care for your condition during an emergency situation. Additionally, sharing your MyIHR with your healthcare professional and ensuring your medical information is correct can avoid costly medical errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is MyIHR a good idea for me?
Anyone is a good candidate for MyIHR! In particular, if you relate to any of the following scenarios, MyIHR is especially helpful::
- Chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, heart conditions, allergies, neurological disorders, memory impairment or communication difficulty, etc.
- Persons who have complicated medical conditions, multiple allergies or multiple medications too numerous to engrave on the limited space of a medical ID.
- Individuals whose medical information is subject to change from time to time.
- Frequent travelers
- Those who prefer not to (or refuse) to wear a medical ID bracelet or necklace.
- Anyone who might have difficulty explaining their medical condition whenever medical personnel or family members who would normally speak for them, are not present or available.
- Those seeking a place to keep important documents.
- Parents wanting to keep their children’s immunizations records organized and accessible.
- Anyone wanting to keep their personal medical information organized – taking charge of your personal medical records can help prevent medical errors when talking to your doctor.
- I already wear a medical ID. Why should I have a MyIHR file?
- Wearing a medical ID is an excellent way to convey important medical information. Maintaining a file at MyIHR is a valuable complement to wearing a medical ID. It allows for more in depth descriptions of medical information, complete lists of medications or allergies, multiple emergency contacts, phone numbers, multiple insurance or doctor information, health document storage, etc.
- Who will have access to my file?
- Anyone who has your personal access (pin) code will be able to view your public profile. Rest assured, the only way your file can be changed in any way is with your private password.
- Will my medical information be kept private?
The main value of setting up a MyIHR file is to have your important medical information easily accessible at a time when you are unable to communicate and your doctor(s) or family members are not around. So it is advisable to make your access code easy to locate, preferably on a highly visible medical ID bracelet or necklace.
With this in mind, it is possible that someone other than a medical professional might one day see your file without your authorization. Highly confidential, potentially embarrassing or other information you do not wish to be revealed under any circumstance should not be placed onto your file. The best use of your file in these cases is to instruct the viewer who to contact, or where to go in order to obtain the sensitive documents or information.
- What does it cost to have a MyIHR?
- Review the products enabled with MyIHR. There are no annual fees or renewal charges associated with your MyIHR lifetime membership.
- How can I make changes to my existing file?
- Simply visit www.MyIHR.com in order to access your existing MyIHR file. Log into your file by entering your last name and password. You are then able to make file updates and additions.
- How large of file or document may I upload to my file?
- The maximum file size for upload should not exceed 5 MB.
- I already have a medical ID? Can I purchase a MyIHR?
- For those who already own a medical ID or are unable to wear one, you may purchase the MyIHR for a $20 one-time charge. Your MyIHR includes a Stainless Steel charm engraved with your MyIHR login information.