Stainless steel medical IDs are hypoallergenic and are recommended for people with metal allergies such as an allergy to Nickel that is present in some medical alert jewelry.
Symptoms of Metal Allergy
Metal hypersensitivity can present different levels of symptoms from mild to severe. If you experience the following symptoms from wearing a medical alert bracelet or necklace, this could be due to a metal allergy.
We recommend that jewelry is removed as soon as any of these symptoms are experienced:
blistering of the skin
reddening of skin
any type of pain or discomfort on areas that come in contact with your medical alert jewelry
Return and Exchange Policy for Metal Allergies
American Medical ID offers a return and exchange program for customers who experience symptoms of metal allergy after wearing a medical ID bracelet or necklace. It is possible that metal allergy or hypersensitivity is unknown or undiagnosed at the time of purchase and wear.
Here are some tips to help in the return and exchange process:
Keep and store your medical ID after experiencing symptoms of metal allergy
It is recommended for anyone who experience symptoms of a metal allergy to seek advice from a medical professional. An allergy test may be required to identify specific types of allergens that trigger reactions and to help prevent further exposure.